Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Me gustarlo


hola chicos! Today is the day of the Ecuador v Columbia game and I am goinG!!! It´s a huge deal- it´s a qualifying game for the 2010 WorldCup in South Africa and Ecuador and Columbia don´t like eachother much..the stadium is already filling up and the game isn´t until 430!! I´m wearing yellow shoes and I´m going to get a jersey outside the stadium- the streets fill with ppl selling jerseys on these days.




Yesterday we went to scalp tickets cause the line was rediculously long and not moving and then we went tothe mall and ate at Crepes y Waffles- my new favorite place. However, there is a curse on me here and whenever we go out to eat everyone gets their food but me. This has happened like 4 times now. It´s a running joke now that Murphy´s Law is just true.




Mami Susy paints her nails- French Manicure- every sunday and last night she painted mine! She is really good at it and even paints designs!! I love it. She was like, next week we do again and paint more designs!! ( she didnt really say it like that but it´s how I hear spanish in my head!lol). Having the older sister home has been good- she works in the day and has class at night. But she is very friendly and gave me all kinds of tips today on how not to get pick pocketed at the futbol game!




School is getting better- I´m feeling on top of things and understanding a little better. God definitely has given me peace about my classes and freedom from the heavy burden I was feeling.




I´m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it´s helping me to enjoy the time I have here, cause I know it´s going quickly. I think before I was really overwhelmed with the culture shock and the language barrier. I felt like I was going to be here forever!! But, with prayer I´m really starting to be comfortable and joyful and appreciative of all I have here. My family is such a blessing and the friends I´m making are awesome! I think I´m finally healthy and prepared to do this. To enjoy it and learn from it. I wish you guys could be here- it´s really something.

I´ve attached a nice photo of what I look like today- Just in case you have forgotten. :)

1 comment:

Murphy Kenzio said...

This might make you feel better.
One time, I had this HUGE pimple on my chin. At lunch the next day, I had a hambugar w/ ketchup and kool aid. My friend poined out that I had ketchup on my chin. When I told her it wasn`t ketchup, she said it must be kool aid