Thursday, June 26, 2008

estoy aqui, estoy contigo

Psalm 59:16 And me? I'm singing your prowess, For you've been a safe place for me, a good place to hide. Strong God, I'm watching you do it, I can always count on you— God, my dependable love. [ A David Psalm, When He Fought Against ]


God. My Dependable Love.

One of my favorite things about Ecuador is the family I live with. Susy always says, ¨ I don´t have a large house, but I have a large heart¨ ( In spanish of course). It´s so true. She radiates love and joy from the God who has transformed her life, given her hope and strengthened her to survive proudly within the midst of many trials. Life isnt easy at the Maya house, but it is always joyful! There is always respect and care for one another. Voices are only raised in the midst of excitement and hands only raised to help.

My favorite part of life here is my drives to and from the University with Mami Susy. We usually talk about God and how we see Him and the challenges he has presented us with recently. She loves her christian music and I´ve begun to learn some of the words so I can sing along ( see post title...I have a ways to go. lol). They are times that bring me great peace here in Ecuador and much understanding.

I love this verse Psalm 59:16- God. My dependable love. Dios. mi amor fiable.

I´ve had a lot of pain in my heart this last week. Not because of school or language or because I´m homesick or any of those things. But, because I´ve been lost in translation with God.
How can I tell what is TRUTH and what is LIE. I´ve always struggled in determining that. I´m so easily swayed by the opinions of those I love. But, what do I do when those opinions contradict the ONE VOICE OF TRUTH I live for? I go in circles whether it´s God´s voice that is leading me, my voice or the voice of those I love. But Psalm 59 answers that all so clearly. GOD IS DEPENDABLE. He is TRUTH! He will not leave us nor forsake us. All we have to do is draw near to Him, desire Him and strive to follow Him and He will NOT lead us astray.

Have Faith I say. He IS the GOD He says He is! He can do the things He says He can! We are who He says we are!

It still hurts to feel betrayed, to feel like your dreams aren´t good enough for the world that criticizes them. But in all that pain and loneliness I DEPEND ON GOD.

He´s the only one here in Ecuador that knows my soul. He knew all the days of my life before I was one day old! That I can trust. He is the ONLY ONE in all the world who holds and teaches the TRUTH of success for ME. To that I hold onto.

I am comforted - The road I take through life may be criticized, unsupported, hard and lonely at times. But wasn´t that the very road Jesus took? I stand alone in the eyes of the world and many whom I love, but I stand on my Dependence on God.

1 comment:

Murphy Kenzio said...

Shannon, we love you and are so happy you are that much closer to god!