Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How to become what I am

It's been an awkward transition into adulthood. I don't like it at all actually. I thought I would love the freedom and be able to do all these things I never had time to do before: read books, take art classes, work out, cook, hang out, disciple, learn. Which all of that happens to some degree but really just doesnt mean as much when it's ALL you do.

Today I listened to the Mars Hill podcast from Sunday's service. Kent Dobson spoke about Jesus and the children. He said that children are such special creations because they haven't yet begun to understand SUCCESS. They haven't reached success nor are they striving for success, they are simply happy living in the moment. He said the only thing we can learn from success is that we won. We made it. Wahoo how great. Learning and growing comes from pain, failure and trial. I resonate with that. I feel like a failure so often as I'm job searching. I usually think it sounds just like me and then over time start to think of all the reasons why I'm not good enough.

But this trial, this failure, it's growing me.

No comments: