Thursday, May 8, 2008

biblia espanol

....Dios considero que esto era bueno.

Hablan espanol en Ecuador. Voy a ir Ecuador en dos semanas y mi padre no piensa que puedo hablar espanol con los Ecuadorians. Pero tengo esperanza que ayudaria.

I'm sure that small paragraph is full of mistakes- but it gets the point across. That's what I'm hoping for in Ecuador. I'm hoping that 8 years of confusing spanish classes will all come together and get the point across. My Dad thinks I should be more fluent but I'm not. And i'm totally ok with that. Learning spanish has been such a humbling experience for me. It seems like I should be better at it than I am, but for me it's a challenge that I enjoy fighting for. I think it's a romantic and inspiring language; someday I'll get it. If I just keep trying, someday it will click.

My parents gave me a spanish bible today as a graduation present. I read Genesis 1 because I knew I could understand it. " Dios considero que esto era bueno". God considered that it was good. I think that's how he looks down on my rediculous journey with foreign language. It doesn't really make much sense, but He sees that there's potential. He sees that it is good.

My prayer is that someday this will no longer be a challenge for me but a gift that God blesses and uses to break cultural barriers, delivering hope.

3 comments:

Dana said...

hey grad! i love that you have a blog:)

you are great, i hope i get to see you soon, probably after you become spanish or something from being away:)

Kelsey said...

You´ll get it love!

It´s totally exciting, frustrating, overwhelming, crazy! Sometimes I understand almost everything and have a great conversation and sometimes I can´t pick up a word. But the experience is totally humbling and interesting and at times you can´t do anything but laugh. But it is great. And I´m excited for you!

God put the passion in your heart for a reason!

kdawg said...

Shan called and all is well in Quito.